Approximately 4 in 10 young women in the U.S. become pregnant at least once before turning 20 years old. I happen to be one of the 4 in 10 girls! I strongly recommend teen girls to use birth control. Here are 10 forms of birth control that will prevent a surprise before you are ready.
1) ABSTINENCE 100% effective!
3) IUD - I have one that lasts 5 years :)
4) The pill- If you can remember to take it. Maybe set an alarm on your phone for it.
5) The patch ( Change it once a week )
6) Depo-Provera ( Injection every 3 months )
7) Implanon ( Implant in your arm )
8) SILCS diaphragm ( Inserted in cervix )
9) Spray on contraceptive ( safe for breast feeding mothers! )
10) Vaginal ring
Most insurances cover one of these forms of birth controls. If you do not have health insurance go to your nearest planned parenthood and talk to them about birth control!